Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Coke! Not just for breakfast...

I have always been a big fan of full fat Coke. I HATE Diet Coke but I have found that Classic Coke can cure almost everything. For instance, it can cure a stomach ache, help take away nausea and kill off a headache! And it is a valid substitute for coffee. I hate coffee but I do need a pick-me-up in the morning.

I abstained from drinking Coke from the moment we decided to have a baby. Before we stopped using birth control or had even talked to our doctor about actually planning our family, I swore off the caffeine. I had read that during the first 3 months it was a good idea to limit caffeine intake. So I did.

But when I was about 4 and a half months pregnant the headaches started. That's when I discovered that a baby can of Coke (less caffeine than a Tylenol) would stop it. So, I started having a Coke on bad headache days.

During one of my neonatal appointments the doctor asked about medications, etc... And I admitted that I had some Coke every once in awhile to help with headaches. I was oblivious to the expression of shock on her face. Luckily my husband noticed.

"No! No! No! Not THAT kind of Coke! Coca-Cola" he shouted.

I guess I should have been more clear.

I have never tried an illicit substance. Heck, I've never even smoked. Never dawned on me that the doctor would think I was dabbling with cocaine while pregnant. Oops!

1 comment:

  1. peeinginmypanyslaughing (with the coke spewing out my nose ...)

    ReplyDelete