Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Happy Pregnant Women

Make me sick!

And my husband and I really planned our pregnancy with the kid. We really, really wanted a baby. And it happened really quickly. She arrived 9 months after we started "trying". Of course she was over 6 weeks early but still!

Oh, how I was excited to embrace pregnancy. I bought the books...



Took all my vitamins and did my best to eat all the right things. I wanted to be like the woman on the book. Calm, patient and not too heavy.

Yeah, that didn't work out. I was more like a rabid beast. I took offense at everything and terrorized my coworkers. Although, they should have know better than to point out any errors I made with glee. I threw up in garbage bins and on airplanes and oh - it was NOT the most wonderful experience of my life.

And then one morning I woke up and thought, "Crap, now I'm actually wetting the bed." After changing the bed, I suddenly realized that I hadn't peed the bed - my waters had broken. Then all I wished for was some more pregnant time. Alas, only a few more hours. And then she was born. And they whisked her away to NICU where we weren't able to hold her for what seemed like days (really more like 14 hours but still).

It was all worth it. And today, she is a very busy, wise almost six-year-old who continues to keep us both on our toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment