Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Liar, liar

Kid has been experimenting with lying lately.

Oh joy!

So far it has just been limited to tooth brushing. Bearing in mind that because she was premature she has weak tooth enamel and has already had several cavities as a result. She knows that cavities are not fun. So why the lying?

Incident #1
I send her upstairs to brush her teeth and get ready for bed. She knows that she has to brush her teeth for the length of time it takes for her Barbie to sing 4 songs. Yeah, that's how we monitor the 2 minutes. Hubby decided to spook the kid, so he hid behind the door in the bathroom. He waited and waited. Then he heard Barbie singing from her room. He asked if she had brushed her teeth. She said yes. Caught red handed.

Incident #2
Two nights later. We had just gotten back from a night at Great Wolf Lodge. I hadn't unpacked everything. Finally got around to it and stuck her toothbrush in her bathroom. Told her to brush her teeth. "I already did." she told me. I looked at her and asked her "How?" she said "I just did." "But how exactly?" I replied. Finally I pointed out that I had JUST unpacked her toothbrush so there was NO WAY IN THE WORLD she could have already brushed them. She tried to pass it off as a Halloween prank.

Hubby caught her in another lie related to toothbrushing today. I don't know the specifics but... ARGH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment