Monday, November 29, 2010

Temper Tantrum

We've been having a difficult couple of weeks. Off and on. The kid is exerting her independence. This has resulted in some highly entertaining moments - although it can be really hard to keep a straight face.

For example...

Kid was having a fit about having to go to bed. I know! I am totally unreasonable. Telling her she HAS to go the bed. What nerve! But I digress...

Kid is in her room complaining. Suddenly stops and starts crying. But not I really hurt myself cries. More of an "ouch, I'm mad at myself because I am a fool" cry.
Me: "Did you hurt yourself?"

Kid:"Yes, I did it on purpose. I just didn't know it would hurt so much."

Kid continues to weep and wail. Mommy shakes her head and walks away so she can laugh without a witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment