Monday, December 27, 2010

Home Alone

I've been showing the kid movies from the 1990s lately. The latest one is Home Alone. You know Macaulay Culkin's movie debut.

The IMDb website describes the movie as

An eight year-old, who is accidentally left behind while his family flies to France for Christmas, has to defend his home against idiotic burglars.

The kid watched most of the movie one day. But then my dad showed up to whisk her off to St. Catharines. I just offered to show her the conclusion and she got all freaked out and said, "that's the one with all the Mommy's in it." I replied, "no, the one where the Mommy forgets her son and goes to Paris". She says, "yeah that's the one - the one with all the mummies!" (and she pantomimed a zombie).

I don't know about you, but I don't recall zombies and mummies attacking Kevin McCallister. But then, I don't remember Elizabeth Bennet dating or hunting zombies in Pride and Prejudice but I keep seeing Pride and Prejudice and Zombies at the bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment