Thursday, December 23, 2010

Is it a stocking or a garbage bag?

Our stockings are huge. As big as garbage bags. It's a tradition that my parents started when I was born. All our Santa gifts had to fit in the stocking. And they were always quite full of cool toys. I remember my sister's was filled with Littlest Pet Shop and Polly Pocket toys in the 90s. I got lots of She-ra, Strawberry Shortcake and My Little Ponies. There are 8 years between my sister and I.

Santa has left the kid items that don't fit in the stocking. One year she got a Little Tikes make-up desk. It was her #1 item and Santa (with a little help from Hubby's parents) made it happen.

I collect items throughout the year for this. The only problem with this is that I tend to accumulate too much to fit in the stocking. That's why hubby and my stocking will feature a few items that were meant for the kid. Oops. We'll share with her. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment