Thursday, January 13, 2011

Disney or ???

We've been to Disney World a lot! Hubby and I went there for our Honeymoon. We took the kid in 2006. And again in 2007. And again 2008. Then we went twice in 2009 (we got annual passes late in 2008 and got our money's worth). Surprisingly we didn't go to Disney in 2010. It was a conscious decision. We figured the kid needed to experience something else. So, we went to Bermuda.

We're sort of thinking about what we want to do in 2011. Not really sure yet. I've asked Hubby to make a list of what he is looking for in a vacation this year. Maybe he will since I know he reads this. I don't think he is ready for Disney yet. Although the kid is now tall enough for all the rides...

Eventually we'll make a decision. The kid and I are going to Texas with my sister in March but that doesn't count as a family vacation. Even though we are going to visit family.

The kid thinks we should go to Japan. When I reminded her of our "flights of 4 hours or less " rule, she asked me what there was to do in Chicago. 

What are your vacation plans this year?

2 comments:

  1. Ideas:
    -Disney Cruise
    -Any Club Med Resort
    -Disney Aulani Resport in Hawaii (hang out with dolphins)

    ReplyDelete
  2. typherzero@hotmail.comJanuary 18, 2011 at 7:35 AM

    A cruise has always sounded nice until the recent disasters. I'll consider it if you will.

    I've never even heard of this Disney Aulani Resort, but it's a long way away (contrary to Trudi's hard and fast 4 hour rule). Other than that it sounds potentially awesome.

    The kid likes museums, so maybe a trip to New York? Only, how long can an interest in museum (or even shopping) last? There is the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty that I have yet to see...

    ReplyDelete