Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The girl who... did stuff

I finally jumped on the bandwagon and read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl who Played with Fire and The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

It took me almost 6-months to get around to reading the books (the first two have been siting on my "to read" shelf) but once I started they were all read within a week.

I did enjoy them. It just was a bit hard to get around the Swedish terminology. I finally logged onto Google to figure out a couple of things. For instance, when the author refers to a temperature he used Fahrenheit instead of Celcius. So when the temperature reached -6 and the characters complained it was super cold, they weren't being babies - it was really -21. I have to agree that is really, really chilly.

I also had to figure out the value of the Norwegian Krone. It turns out that 1 Krone equals about $0.15 CDN. So, 10,000 Krona = $1483.19 and 1,000,000 Krona = $148,318.81.

So, if you haven't read Stieg Larsson's books (he's dead so there won't be any more), you should. And if you are my sister than you can borrow them both. I downloaded the third one to the Kindle so you'll need to get that out of the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment