Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Missmatched

A few months ago we were shopping in Chapters when I discovered several sets of LittleMissMatched socks on sale for half off. Only the adult sizes. They were pretty cheap and pretty cute so I bought two packages. A total of six socks. I usually wear them on the weekends.

The kid is quite jealous of my socks. I refuse to pay $12 or so to get her a set. However, I did find a few sets of 3 socks at Justice in Buffalo on Black Friday. I bought some for her stockings.

And that is when it started. Her socks now never match. The missmatched socks at least compliment each other but she will take a sock from two different sets with totally different colours and wear them together. She will take a Gymboree sock and match it with a Childrens' Place sock. Even though they in no way coordinate. I really think even a person that is colour blind would be dismayed at what she puts together. Brown and purple jungle themed anklet socks should not be paired with knee-high, plain, hot pink socks. It just isn't right.

And yet we let her continue to do it. Why? Because that's just how we roll. Although we do tease her from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment