Sunday, January 30, 2011

"There's no point"

Every once in a while, we get a sneak-peek of what the teenage years are going to be like. Yes, I am already saving for boarding school.

On Friday night we had Family Movie Night. I made sausages, stir-fried red peppers and make cheese risotta. Nothing that the kid doesn't like. And then we watched Princess Bride while we ate. Except the kid didn't eat. Okay. I kept her plate around because it would heat up easily. And I figured she's get hungry eventually.

She did at 9:20 pm. I was just about to send her to bed when she announced that she wanted something to eat. She heated her dinner up and sat down to eat. Before she had taken a bite she announced, "I already know what I am going to have for dessert!" And I laughed. Because when it takes you 4 hours to eat your dinner, you don't get dessert.

"If I don't get dessert there is no point to eating." she said.

As you can imagine, she was then sent to bed. After a bit of back talking and bringing up the fact that she had a packed lunch - once - without a treat (such as a granola bar). It was pretty clear that she was exhausted. Although she argued the whole time. She insisted she was going to stay awake all night because she was totally not tired.

She was snoring 5 minutes later.

No comments:

Post a Comment