Friday, February 18, 2011

The Reef

The kid is really in to shark movies. Knowing this, my friend gave me a copy of The Reef. Since I am not actually the worst mother in the world, I decided to watch it first.

That was a good thing.

It was based on a true story and - spoiler - most of the people die.

But I must say - if I'm stranded in the middle of the ocean being hunted by a great white shark - the last thing I am going to do is go over to my friend who is bleeding heavily after being bitten by the shark. Especially if I have no boat and am swimming. Isn't that just asking the shark to eat you too? Now, if it was the kid - yes, I would swim to her no matter what. But anyone else? Not so much.

Incidentally, I don't think I'll let the kid watch this one. It seems like it might be too believable. Let's stick to the cheesy shark films. Maybe Spring Break Shark Attack?

No comments:

Post a Comment