Monday, April 18, 2011

Umm, we're muggles...

The kid has been working her way through the Harry Potter series for the last month. She's almost done the third book. We've let her watch several of the movies in preparation for our trip to Universal Studios next month.

Alas, it turns out there is a down side to having a good reader. At this very moment she is lying in her bed practicing spells. Yes. I did type that. She has plans to purchase a wand, owl and a book of spells at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter gift store.

I reminded her that she is a muggle. I asked if she would be disappointed when her spells don't work. She will be, just a little bit, she claims.

And here I was nervous about her 11th birthday and the absence of the Hogwarts acceptance letter.

3 comments:

  1. I try and ignore the bedtime chatter. No good ever comes from listening. She may have been trying to Avada Kedavra or the Imperius Curse.

    I think she was actually trying Accio and Expelliarmus.

    ReplyDelete