Sunday, May 29, 2011

Bicycle season

Now that the weather is warmer, the bicyclists are out in force. I have no problem with bicycles. I don't even mind if they drive on the sidewalk. Even though that is technically illegal. What I do have a problem with is that they pick and choose which rules to follow.

Stop sign?
75% of the cyclists I see don't stop at the stop sign. If you're riding on the road you have to follow the rules of the road.

Red light?
Far too frequently I see bicyclists blast through the red light. Apparently the law doesn't apply to them.

I'm also concerned about all the cyclists that drive up in their own make-believe lane while people are stopped. I've seen far too many cyclists almost get hit because somebody tries to make a right hand turn and - oops! Bicyclist appears from behind a line of 10 cars or so.

Safety first, people. Especially when you're the one that is going to get hurt. My rant is over. Don't forget to watch out for bicyclists whenever you're out driving. Especially if you're in my neighborhood. They're crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment