Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My First Car Accident

My car over the sidewalk. Yes, I spun a bit.
My Friday morning started wonderfully! I had my first car crash. I was in the intersection waiting to make a left when the light changed. A six-lane road. Three lanes going North. Three going South. The cars coming towards me stopped. The light turned red mid-turn. However, another car tried to run the light.

Yeah, that didn't save anybody any time.

But most importantly, nobody was hurt. If there had been a pedestrian crossing it would have been a different story. And yes, people do cross against the light - all the time!

Nobody was charged and my car is at the shop. We're waiting to hear the damage. My car is 10 years old but it is a great car! The last few times I've taken it for an oil, lube and filter - the guys have commented on what great condition it is in. And it passed the clean air test with flying covers in November.

The big takeaway here was that you should always seat belt in your booster chair. Why? Because it flies. Here is a picture of the kid's chair. It normally sits on the left side of the car. You know, where the impact was.

I'm so glad the kid wasn't with me. She's not so pleased. She really wishes she'd been with me. And she got great joy this weekend visiting my car in our garage. The shop couldn't take us until today.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! I'm sorry to hear about your first accident. But it's a good thing that no one was really hurt. And I can also understand your feelings on what happened.

    ReplyDelete