Sunday, August 21, 2011

Really, Walmart?

On Friday we went to the cottage. Just for the day so we could see my Grandma, Aunt and Cousin. They were only there for a couple of days so it was the only time we could see them.

We left our house at 7am. The kid complained that she had a bit of a headache but I thought she was just tired. Apparently it was a migraine. An hour or so in to our trip, she threw up. So, we stopped at a Walmart to get medicine (could only get Tylenol because the Gravol was locked up until 9) and stuff to clean up the mess. As we checked out, I asked for a couple of extra bags.

"No, it's against our policy."

As you can imagine, I saw red. "Really? She's throwing up! I need something for her to be sick in. Can I at least buy some bags?"

"No, it's against our policy. But, I guess I can give you one."

Yes, I could have run through the store (set up differently from our Walmart) to try and find garbage bags or something but, you don't really want to do that when you're dealing with Little Miss Pukey Pants.

I did stop the greeter and express my displeasure at this policy. He gave me quite a few bags because of the situation, but I was still a bit annoyed. I won't be visiting that Walmart again.

Luckily the kid ended up okay for the rest of the trip. It seems she has inherited our migraines.

No comments:

Post a Comment