Monday, November 14, 2011

My "almost" hospitalization

When I was in grade 6, my Crohn's Disease flared up and I ended up in the hospital for a week. It was terribly boring and I was very happy to come home.

Less than a week later my parents brought me back to the hospital. They were in the process of admitting me when the results of an X-ray came back. A room had been found. I had an IV. I think they were just waiting on an orderly to transfer me from Emergency to the ward.

Turns out I was constipated.

Yup. They sent us home and told my mom to buy Castor Oil. True story.

I guess it would sound less crazy if I added that it was a direct side effect of the medications they'd put me on in the hospital. It was a pretty severe case of constipation too. They showed me the X-ray; I swear there was "stuff" in the small intestine.

No comments:

Post a Comment