Sunday, May 6, 2012

Division of Labour

Hubby and I split responsibilities around the house. For instance, if vomit or child related bodily functions occur, I take care of it. If something is dead (i.e. mouse), he takes care of it.

I think that is fair.

Last night, he went to bed with a migraine. So, I was awake at midnight when the cat caught a mouse. And then played with it. Poor mouse wasn't actually dead. She let it go every few minutes and then got it again. It was pretty mean. It is possible that me yelling at the cat to, "just kill it. Don't be a jerk. Oh. My. God. You are such a bitch!" may have woken him up and caused him to come downstairs to take care of things. Alas, Sera lost the mouse. It ran away. However, 14 hours later I discovered a corpse. And guess what, my wonderful husband took care of it.

I just don't do dead things.

But I have caught dog pee in my hand. On Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. hahahahahaha!!! Glad Steve got the mouse ... thats whats i have DLY for - she is good with dead things ... no one in our house is good with vomit - DAH and i usually draw straws - TG i always "prep" the straws ... LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have been a Christmas to remember...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it was. I'm still not sure why I thought it was a good idea. All I thought was "must protect MIL's carpet from my sister's dog."

      Delete