Saturday, July 21, 2012

Preemptive offence

I made the kid cry today.
It had nothing to do with her being over tired. Nope, it is because I told her to stop acting like a baby.

I caught her balancing on the vacuum hose. She promptly fell off and knocked a bunch of stuff down. And then there was a fun "discussion."

"Kid, you know you're not supposed to walk on that!" I exclaimed.

"I didn't do it on purpose."

"I saw the whole thing."

"I didn't do it on purpose!"
"I really don't like your attitude..."
"I didn't!" (bursts into angry tears)
"Kid, stop acting like a baby..."
She ended up chilling out in her room for a little bit. The teenager in her has been making guest appearances lately. Hours later she informed me that the only reason she cried was because I had insulted her by saying she was a baby. She must be psychic.

No comments:

Post a Comment