Sunday, August 19, 2012

Home again, home again

On Friday we came home. I finished up packing our suitcases and we headed downstairs for breakfast. We tried to have breakfast at the Hard Rock Cafe. The restaurant opened at 9 a.m. We were there at 8:59 a.m. The hostess was very confused when we walked up to her. In seemed to blow her mind that we wanted to have breakfast. She led us to a table. We were the only patrons. I asked if we could sit in the booth next to the table she was going to sit us at. She refused because there was no one to serve the table. I am not joking when I say the two tables were right next to each other. Since we were already annoyed with her attitude towards us we left.

Yes. We did.

And went upstairs to Johnny Rocket's for essentially the same breakfast at a lower price. We walked around the mall for a little bit and then returned to the hotel so that I could return our rental car. Once that was done, we headed to the lobby to wait for our airport limo to arrive. He arrived promptly at 11 a.m.

I wish I had realized at the beginning of the trip that they were giving away the tastiest lemonade in the lobby. I must have drunk two glasses while we waited for the car. It was so delicious.

And then we were off to LAX. We were quite early for our flight because I had heard that security is a nightmare at LAX. It wasn't that bad. We had quite a few lines that we had to wait through but we finally got settled at our gate. The kid and I wandered around the airport while Hubby read his book at the gate. I must admit that LAX is super boring. There were three stores and a couple of restaurants. Not much to see and do. We were very happy to get on the plane.

Hubby was seated separate from the kid and I. The flight was delayed a little bit while the flight staff rearranged the passengers so that a mother could sit next to her 6-year-old son and 4-year-old daughter. They ended up sitting right in front of us. And yes, all three of them reclined their seats for the entire 5 hour trip. The lady sitting next to me actually volunteered to relocate for the family.

The journey was fairly uneventful although the flight was a little delayed because of a storm in Toronto. We actually got to see lightening from the air. That was pretty cool.

After getting our bags and going through customs we went to wait for our airport limo. It was well past midnight and I was feeling a little cranky. So, I may have called out the woman who was smoking in front of the nonsmoking sign (literally, 2 steps in front of the sign) at the airport limo station. She informed me that she just didn't care. Good thing our car arrived then.

We got home safe and sound. And were we ever happy to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment