Thursday, December 20, 2012

Delay tactics

The kid doesn't like going to sleep. But she loves waking up. On Tuesday night, I let her stay up crazy late reading. I figured since she didn't have school the next day she could sleep in.

I was wrong.

She woke up at 7 p.m. when her father quietly (and he really was quiet) crept down the stairs to go to work. She turned out her lights at 11 p.m. That is not enough sleep for an eight-year-old. She disagrees. But I know I am right.

How?

Because last night when the lights went out at 8:40 p.m. she started sobbing. Not because of the recent tragic events. She was crying because she felt guilty about waking up so early and now she couldn't read until 9 p.m. That is truly the behaviour of someone who is not overtired and needs some extra sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment