Saturday, December 29, 2012

One is Enough

We made the decision a few years ago that the Kid would be an only child. I can give you many reasons for that choice:
  • Kids are expensive -if we only have one we can afford to do more stuff like go on vacation.
  • I am a very witchy pregnant lady.
  • Postpartum depression - it sucks and I'm still on the Prozac.
  • Where would I put even more weight?
  • We'd have to move to a bigger house so that we have somewhere to put the baby.
  • Our old crib is unsafe so we tossed it.
  • I like sleeping in.
  • Babies are pretty boring for the first couple of months.
  • Kid doesn't want a sibling.
  • We did pretty well on the first one, which means the second will be evil.
  • What if it is a boy? I don't want to be peed on.
  • Babies cry. A lot.
  • The Kid was premature. The doctor expects that any pregnancies I have will result in a preemie.
  • The huge age difference between the children at this point. There are 8 years between my sister and I. It took a long time for us to be able to relate.
  • The Kid has lots of little toys. That's a choking hazard.
  • We have hard wood floors now. Those are harder than carpet.
  • We enjoy not having baby gates everywhere.
I could go on and on with my "reasons". None of those are the real reason. The real reason is because our family feels right - just the way it is. Not to say that we wouldn't embrace a surprise. Now I just have to convince my husband to have a little "procedure".

No comments:

Post a Comment