Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Technology makes me weepy

While I was driving to work today I started making a mental list of things I need to do. So, I started thinking about digital cameras. And then I thought about the first digital camera we had at the office. Which made me think of the digital camera by Grandpa had.

He had already been diagnosed with Alzheimer's when he bought the camera. My Grandma let him buy it - this is back when they were $1,000 and wrote on floppy discs - because he really wanted it and she assumed (correctly) that it would be his last major purchase. I don't even know if he ever figured out how to use it.

And then I felt really, really sad because my Grandpa would have loved all the new technology. He would have been all over Social Media like Facebook and Twitter. He was always the first person to embrace new technology. Heck, after he retired he both took and taught computer classes at the local college. He would have also loved tablets like the iPad and he would have been all over the Kindle.

And it makes me sad that he didn't get to play with all these cool toys.

Which makes me sad.

But then I remember that my Grandma is on Facebook and knows about Twitter and wants me to hook her up with a Kindle next time I'm in Texas. And that makes me happy.

1 comment:

  1. Grandpa would have made some great replies to other relatives' comments on Facebook...

    ReplyDelete