Saturday, April 20, 2013

My husband is the devil.

The kid doesn't have that many temper tantrums. Usually she is pretty content. But there has been a little more attitude lately and we decided that we weren't going to let it get out of hand.

I guess I am a glass half full kind of person.

After dinner, she wanted dessert. I had bought her some watermelon so I told her she could have that. She loves watermelon. However, it seems that fruit doesn't count as dessert. I disagreed. Eyes were rolled and feet were stomped. So, I told her that dessert was now off the menu.

She wasn't impressed. There was more attitude. So I sent her to bed. My husband decided it was only fair that he take a bit of the abuse so he dealt with the next round.

Neither of them would back down. So, she ended up losing Minecraft privileges for the weekend, she can't go out to play Pokemon on Sunday, can't play Munchkin or watch television. I think there were some other privileges she lost.

It was very hard to keep a straight face as she screamed in her room and yelled that we were ruining her life, Daddy is the devil, I hate you both, etc... Eventually she cried herself to sleep. Although not before she tried to blackmail us - she seemed to think that threatening to not stop screaming until we gave everything back would work.

It didn't. We aren't stupid. Or eight.

Regardless, the parents have won this round. She was happy to eat watermelon for dessert the next night.

No comments:

Post a Comment