Sunday, April 21, 2013

Yup, that's my daughter

Last week I looked in the kid's knapsack. It was filled with junk. Torn pieces of paper, two sweatshirts, decomposing bits of past lunches. It was pretty gross.

Which got me thinking about her locker. So, the next day I dropped her off at school. But first we visited her locker - luckily, I remembered to bring some plastic bags.

I'm surprised I didn't find rodent droppings in her locker. There were several bags of leftovers from past lunches (rotting tangerines, leftovers from Lunch Lady, little bits of old pitas, etc...), several of her outfits, and lots of paper. It was a little smelly. And horrifying.

I'm not sure why there were so many clothes in her locker. After all, we send her to school fully dressed and she comes home fully dressed, but somehow there were a bunch of clothes in the locker. And they were all her clothes.

We cleaned her locker. Basically I threw everything out. Except for the clothes which went into the laundry.; And now she has been warned that I will be randomly checking her locker to make sure it wasn't gross.

I'm so glad that I had a locker partner when I was in school. It's probably the only reason why my locker didn't become a breeding ground for the zombie Apocalypse.

No comments:

Post a Comment